- This event has passed.
Sponge Painting with Acrylics and Artist Gay Paratore
July 18, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$78.50 - $88.50
Sponge painting with acrylics is an easy to learn technique, even for a novice painter. Students will learn how to dab, streak, and smear to create clouds, mountains, water, bushes, trees, and flowers in the grass. The end result is the creation of one, 16 X 20 painting by the end of the session. Subject matter and sponges will be provided by the instructor. The student will learn how to make a variety of painting sponges, each with a different texture which makes painting with them fast and fun.
Paratore teaches all media of art and all ages. She founded the National Society of Artists in 1985 and has won numerous Best of Show and 1st Place Awards. She is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society, the National Society of Artists, Watercolor Art Society of Houston, and the Texas Watercolor Society.
Supplies to bring to class:
- Liquitex Basics are recommended (thick acrylics will not work well) set of six colors 75ml is a bit over $20.00, but if you have acrylics bring what you have (necessary colors: red, blue, yellow, purple (or magenta), black and white) Note: the teacher will have some colors available
- One sheet of foam board 18 X 24 (use mat knife and metal ruler to cut)
- One roll of masking tape (purchase from art or hardware store as the ones at the grocery store do not stick well)
- Three or four kitchen sponges (the inexpensive ones that get really hard after washing them)
- Bring two pair of pliers to rip the sponges
- If getting paint on your hands bothers you, feel free to wear rubber gloves, but the paint peels off
NOTE: do not wear good clothes, as acrylics do not come off fabric easily
NOTE: One or two sheets of Fredrix Canvas paper 16 X 20 will be provided for each student. This is the only canvas paper that I know of that actually has real canvas in its composition. You will be shown how to mount it on stretcher strips (it can also be matted and framed like a watercolor. Teacher examples for you to see. Tubs for water and lids for palettes will be provided.
In addition to the program fee, a $1.50 processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
One person is attending Sponge Painting with Acrylics and Artist Gay Paratore