While enjoying Woodlawn, please keep in mind these rules and help us ensure a pleasant experience for all our visitors.
- The Woodlawn trails and grounds are private property owned by the Hancock County Trustees of Public Reservations. The property is made available under regulations established by the Trustees. Use of the property in violation of these rules is expressly prohibited.
- The property is closed daily from dusk to dawn.
- Use of the property is at your own risk.
- The Trustees have adopted the city of Ellsworth Animal Control Ordinance that states that all dogs must be controlled by a leash of not more than 8 feet. (Chapter 22 Sec. 22-5)
- Please be respectful of other guests. Clean up after your dog and dispose of garbage and litter in approved garbage receptacles.
- Unauthorized use of the property for a commercial purpose is not permitted.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted off roadways or beyond assigned parking areas.
- Woodlawn is a tobacco free campus. Smoking is not permitted.
- Unauthorized use of alcohol is not permitted on the property and the Trustees have adopted the State of Maine law on public drinking (MRS Title 17, Chapter 69: Intoxication).
These rules are subject to change without notice.
We thank you for your cooperation in observing and following these rules.
Please call 667-8671 with questions regarding these rules.
—Adopted by the Woodlawn Museum Executive Committee, May 21, 2008